The five needs of every customer include service, price, quality, action, and appreciation.
• With service, customers anticipate that the service they believe is appropriate for the level of purchase they are making.
• Price represents the notion that the cost of everything we purchase is growing in importance.
• People and businesses want to use their financial resources as efficiently as possible.
• Regarding quality, Americans are less likely now to see their purchases as disposable products.
• Customers want the items they purchase to be efficient and serve the purpose for which they are advertised.
• With action, customers need an effort when an issue or question comes up.
• Appreciation refers to customers thinking that they are a significant priority.
• They should be offered mailing lists, informational newsletters, special discounts, and courtesy.
• The customer should be regarded with the utmost respect, consideration, and favor.