There are a lot of things you can use to know if a pineapple is ripe or not. While there are some people who can tell if a pineapple is ripe just by looking at it, there are others who depend greatly on the scent to tell if a pineapple is ripe or not.
However, you can also know if a pineapple is ripe just by touching it.
1. You can easily tell if a pineapple is ripe just by smelling the pineapple. Place your nose at the stem end of the pineapple, a very sweet scent is an indication that the pineapple is ripe.
2. By squeezing a pineapple, you can tell if it is ripe or not. When you press a ripe pineapple with your hands, the softness of the skin will help you differentiate it from an unripe one.
3. The weight of a pineapple can also help you decide if it is ripe or not. A ripe pineapple will be heavier than an unripe one with a similar size.
I have compassion for Automobiles and I dig the fast pace while I ride or drive.
A. Boaz, Mechanical Engineer, Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Atlanta, Georgia
Answered Sep 21, 2020
Pineapple is a delicious tropical fruit that is often enjoyed as a sweet treat. Do not let the rough-looking outside of the fruit fool you. The goodness that is found inside is worth the time it takes to find one and cut it.
The following are simple steps you can use to tell if a pineapple is ripe.
• Check out the color, scent, texture, and weight of the fruit.
• If you smell the pineapple and it smells sweet, you most likely have hit the jackpot.
• If it does not have a scent, it is most likely not ripe.
• When you squeeze the pineapple, and it gives a little, it means that the pineapple is ripe.
• You must see if the pineapple is heavy.
• A heavier pineapple means a juicier pineapple because the extra juice makes the pineapple hefty.
• Take off a leaf, and if it comes out too easily, the pineapple may be spoiled.
• The best part is when you bring your pineapple home from the market and cut it into cubes, and the golden juice flows from the sweet fruit.
There are definitely instances when you would need to purchase the right fruit but you are not sure how you are going to do things properly.
A pineapple is one of the things that you would like to purchase:
• Smelling the pineapple will let you know if it is already ripe.
• You need to smell near the base of the pineapple.
• If the pineapple is not emitting any smell, this is an indication that the pineapple is not completely ripe yet.
• You can also look at exterior of the pineapple.
• The more yellow the exterior of the pineapple is, the riper the fruit is going to be.
Remember that if the pineapple is already a bit orange, this means that it is overripe.