CIA stands for the Central Intelligence Agency, while the FBI stands for the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
• The CIA is more prevalent than the FBI.
• They are involved in highly sensitive classified intelligence from all over the world.
• The CIA is a civilian extraneous intelligence service of the federal government of the United States.
• They obtain, process, and examine national security information from around the world.
• The CIA is the single agency authorized by law to carry out and supervise covert action on the order of the President.
• The FBI is the national intelligence and security service of the United States, and it’s the chief federal law enforcement agency.
• It is also a component of the United States intelligence community, and it answers to both the attorney general and the administrator of national intelligence.
• Both of these agencies specialize in intelligence.
• The FBI has jurisdiction only over the United States, while the CIA has jurisdiction overseas.