Toenail fungus is an irritating, burning, itching infection that causes the toenails to become thick and darker in color. Usually, the nail fungus is caused by a bacteria that began to grow under the nail. When the nail is exposed to moisture, it strengthens the bacteria. Then the fungus can grow from nail to nail. Cuts in the skin cause the bacteria to move underneath the skin.
The only way for rubbing alcohol to work against the nail fungus is if it is applied during its initial time in the nail. After a short period, the infected nail will need to be treated with an over-the-counter ointment or cream that was created for the purpose of nail fungus removal. Another suggestion would be to consult a podiatrist.