Writing a biography can be a fun experience. You get to learn about someone’s life and their accomplishments and milestones. There are always exciting facts that you can find about someone by writing their biography. It is a classic genre that has proven itself to be quite useful for many students and writer’s in general.
These straightforward steps will teach you how to write a biography.
• Start chronologically from the time the person is born up to their death or as they age.
• There may be different focal points that you zero in on for the reader, which is precisely the point.
• You don’t want to write a boring biography.
• The purpose of the biography is to delve into important and interesting events in a person’s life.
• Create a thesis for the biography.
• Use the thesis as a guide for writing the rest of the biography.
• Always refer back to the thesis when it comes to the clarity of the content in the biography.
• Don’t be afraid to jump around in years of the person’s life.
• As long as the reader can understand where you are going with it, you are fine.
• The meat of the story should be about significant accomplishments in the person’s life and what it is he or she contributed to the world.
• Identify the theme or pattern that keeps coming up in the person’s life.
• Maybe the person has overcome adversity, and against all the odds, they come out of their situation a stronger and better person for it.
• Share your opinion about the individual and their life.
• If you relate to this person in some way, don’t be afraid to share that either.