Wings can be tricky to draw, especially if you are attempting to make them lifelike. Some of the most animated drawings include fairies, butterflies, unicorns, and birds are all examples of subjects that have wings.
You may choose to start at a beginner’s level, and the best way to do that is by drawing a cartoon-like character for your picture.
• These simple steps will help you to draw wings easily.
• Draw two thin, slightly curved ovals.
• They should appear connected but individual simultaneously.
• Add soft curves for the feathers.
• They should be mostly oval-like in shape, overlapping one another but not exceeding three rows or so per wing.
• Sketch in narrower, larger feathers.
• Draw details for the feathers.
• Outline and color your wing.
• If your character is seen from the front, make the drawing the same as it is on the opposite side.
• Be bold with your colors and use the shading technique.
• If your subject is a bird such as an owl, color the wings with a few different, but similar colors sort of like ombre style.
• Don’t be afraid to get creative!