If you want to get the seeds of pomegranate by opening the fruit, simply go through these precise steps.
1. You will have to first roll the fruit so as to loosen the seeds.
2. Scratch the middle part of the fruit around, and then get it torn open into halves.
3. Hold one of the halves in a bowl and let it face down, pick a wooden spoon to tap the skin, and also squeeze the fruit a little so as to help them seed fall easily and faster into the bowl. Do this for the second half of the fruit.
4. Here is the note: do not cut deep into the seed when you score or scratch your pomegranate.
5. This is just like another way you could get it done. Here, just scratch four lines from the top through to the bottom, to have the pomegranate in quarters.
6. Dip your fruit into a bowl of water and pull the quarters apart as you release the seeds, using your hands.
7. The seeds sink, while the pith float. Then you can do as you want.