A hopper accumulates items from above it and puts them somewhere else. When you have a hopper, you can make automatic furnaces, breweries, and even a Minecraft delivery system.
Learn the crafting recipe.
• First, make the crafting table out of four wooden planks.
• Insert them into the crafting grid.
• Make the chest.
• If you don’t have a chest, make one using eight wooden planks.
• Place them in the crafting table area, rendering the center square blank.
• Search in caves to find the iron ore.
• Once you have your chest and iron, make the hopper employing the recipe.
• Crouch, and as you are crouching, you can place hoppers onto containers.
• Place the hopper in the container.
• Drop items in the hopper.
• Set up an automatic furnace station.
• A hopper on the side of the furnace will fill its fuel slot.
• Keep a chest above this hopper filled with coal or other fuel.
• A hopper above the furnace will fill its fuel slot.
• A hopper beneath the furnace will pick up the completed items.
• Your furnace will be on fire until it runs out of fuel.
• Deactivate hopper with red stone.