Remember the good old days in grade school when we had spelling bee competitions? Spelling bees give the kids a chance to demonstrate their comprehension skills and their memory. Preparing for a spelling bee is very important.
Studying for this purpose helps to improve your vocabulary and enhances the chance for victory.
• Examine the word list if you have one.
• Test yourself on the words that will appear in the spelling bee.
• Make sure you practice spelling each of the words from the list until you have memorized their spelling.
• Pay attention to spelling bee words online if a list has not been given.
• Seek out challenging words and practice spelling them.
• Listen thoroughly to the pronunciation of each word online so you can hear how it sounds.
• Have someone test you on the words on the list.
• Don’t be too anxious.
• The best way to accomplish this is to make sure you are adequately prepared.