Answered Aug 23, 2020
A handmade book is a lovely gift, for say, a wedding or a birthday. These books are quite personal, so make them tailored to fit the person you are giving.
These simple steps will ensure that the book turns out perfect.
• Choose the material for the cover and cut out two identical pieces.
• Cardboard is the preferred material to work with since it is not too complicated.
• Fold six sheets of paper in half. Then, sew them together at the fold in a figure 8 pattern.
• Begin and end at the same place, and the knot faces inside, which will create the spine.
• Put these six-sheet stacks on top of one another and see to it that they are accurately aligned.
• Cut out a piece of material.
• It must be as long as the pages and 2 cm wider than the back bone.
• Paint one side of the fabric with glue.
• Glue the cardboard sections to the first and last pages.
• Cut another strip of fabric.
• Attach these to the spine on top of the cardboard and press them into the first piece of fabric.
• After it dries, cut out a piece of decorative paper. It should be two inches wider than both of the covers and the spine.
• Make a crease on the decorative paper.
• Cut two sheets of paper.
• Glue it to the interior of the cover so that it covers what the cover doesn’t.
Forgot your password?