It is good to know your waist measurement; it helps when you are to get a new pair of jeans or cloth. To get an accurate measurement, you need to raise your cloth as the cloth you have on can give you a wrong measurement.
You need to locate your waist, which is at the top of your hips and base of your rib cage; for easy understanding, it is the narrowest part of your torso which is located at the top of your belly button.
Take your measuring tape and wrap around your waist, make sure the tape rule is straight, try to make the tape rule accurate, which is not too tight or too loose. Check your tape rule to know how many inches or centimeters your waist it kindly takes note of the numbers. Make sure your measurement is accurate by double-checking.
I love to code. I believe everything is programmed in a certain way to make it work. From human brains to every single command in the machines.
F. Manasseh, Software Developer, B.E (Bachelor of Engineering), Tallahassee, Florida
Answered Aug 21, 2020
• A very good and perfect way to check if you are not having too much fat around your stomach region is by taking the measurement of the waist. Someone who has too much fat around the stomach is at risk of having many diseases, including cancer, type 2 diabetes, stroke, and heart diseases. For optimum health, the waist should be less than 40 inches in female and less than 35 inches in male; once it is more than that, you stand at the risk of having these diseases. To measure your waist;
• Begin the process at the top of the hip bone, then lower the tape measure around your body, level it with your belly button.
• Ensure that the tape measure is not too tight; it's not too tight, and it is also straight, even at your back.
• Keep breathing during the process of measurement.
• Note the number on the tape immediately you exhale.
A lot of people would like to know what their waistline is. They believe that knowing their waistline can make it easier for them to purchase clothes without fitting them. At the same time, knowing your waistline will also let you know if you have already lost weight or not. Sometimes losing weight will not manifest through the pounds that you have lost but through the number of inches that you have shed off.
You need to have a measuring tape that you will place on top of your hip bone. Place the tape measure around your body and make sure that it will be the same level as your belly button. Look at the inches or the centimeters where the end of the tape measure will fall. That is when you will know what your waistline is.
Knowing the measurement of the waist is very important in ensuring that pants fit properly. To begin measuring the waist, a person should remove their clothing altogether or raise it so that they can reveal their waste. Then, find your waist. The waist is the fleshy part of skin between the two bony sections above the hips. For the next step, a measuring tape is required. The measuring tape should then be wrapped around the waist. Before reading the measurement, be sure to exhale to ensure it is an accurate reading. It is also recommended to measure two or three more times to ensure no mistakes have been made.