Tara Pele, Technical Blogger, MCA from New York, New York
Answered Sep 26, 2019
Men are supposed to know how to tie ties, but not all of them are aware of the proper ways to do it. If you want to know the simple way on how you can do it, you can first loop the tie around your collar. After this, cross the thick end in front of the thinner portion of the tie.
The thick end should be wrapped around the thin end so that the side will be crossed. The thick end should be placed horizontally. You can make some adjustments, and you will already be successful in placing your tie. There are more complicated ways to tie your tie, but if you cannot do the basic one yet, you are recommended to skip the hard ones for the meantime.
Although there are different ways of tying a tie knot. However, let's look at the easiest one. This is mostly called a simple knot or oriental knot. So, let's look at the few steps to follow when tying a simple knot.
1. You start by draping the tie around your collar and set it in such a way that the seam faces inward, and place the thick part few inches away from your desired position on your left.
2. Take the thick end and put it across the front of the narrow end, and put it back behind the narrow end.
3. Take the thick part from left to right, and put it across the front of the knot.
4. Also, take the thick part from right to left and pass it behind the knot horizontally.
5. Repeat step 3, and flip a finger under the loop created.
6. Pass the tip of the thick part through the loop and pull it through.
7. Finally, adjust the tie by putting one hand on the knot and the other on the narrow end, and pull it gently and smartly.
W. Wright, Biology student, Biology student, Astoria
Answered Sep 20, 2019
Here are easy steps on how to tie a tie:
1. Put your tie around your neck. make sure that you have the wider end of your tie on the right and the thin side on the left. The wider portion should be a bit lower than the thin left side.
2. Cross over the wider side to the thin side, make sure you have each end on your hand, put each side on the opposite side. So you have the wider side on the left and the thinner side on the right at the end of this step.
3. Put the wider end underneath the thinner portion.
4. Put the wider end over the thinner end horizontally this time.
5. Put the wider portion through the neck loop.
Then pass the wider end through the knot that is in front of you. Tighten your knot and pull closer to your neck. Hope you find this information helpful.