Answered Jun 27, 2017
1. Assist the victim to a conforable posistion. This often involves sitting and leaning forward slightly or standing and leaning forward with the arms resting on some object.
2. Help the victim take any medication he or she has.
3. Loosen tight-fitting clothing around the neck or chest.
4. Assist or encourage the victim in pursued-lip breathing, breath into of counts of breath in for 2 seconds, and breath out for 4 seconds.
5. Treat for shock. Use WART's, warmth, ABC's, rest and assurance and treatment and semi-prone postion.
6. If the asthma attack continues or is sever, arrange for transportaion to hospital by calling EMS.
Answered Feb 27, 2017
Forgot your password?