What is the place where digested molecules of food, water, and - ProProfs Discuss
Advertisement

What is the place where digested molecules of food, water, and minerals are absorbed?





Asked by Wyatt Williams, Last updated: Apr 15, 2021

+ Answer
Request
Question menu
Vote up Vote down

2 Answers

W. Pratt

W. Pratt

Want to learn new things and share my knowledge

W. Pratt
W. Pratt, Marketing Analyst, MBA, Lincoln

Answered Apr 03, 2019

The small intestine is an organ of the digestive system that has the job of absorbing the nutrients and minerals from the food and liquid a person takes. It runs from the stomach to the opening of the large intestine and has a length of 20 feet and has a diameter of about an inch. 90% of digestion takes place in the small intestine and the remaining 10% happens in the large intestine and stomach.

When the food we eat reaches the small intestine, nutrients from it get absorbed by the small intestine’s inner walls that will make their way into the bloodstream. When this organ is infected and not functioning well, a human might get sick due to malnutrition.

upvote downvote
Reply 

Wyatt Williams

Wyatt Williams

Wyatt Williams
Wyatt Williams

Answered Apr 30, 2018

Small intestine
upvote downvote
Reply 

Advertisement
Advertisement
Search for Google images Google Image Icon
Select a recommended image
Upload from your computer Loader
Image Preview
Search for Google images Google Image Icon
Select a recommended image
Upload from your computer Loader
Image Preview
Search for Google images Google Image Icon
Select a recommended image
Upload from your computer Loader

Email Sent
We have sent an email to your address "" with instructions to reset your password.