The pros of working in a startup as compared to a large brand include:
● Upside: If the startup eventually turned out to be successful, it would be a life-changing event compared to a large brand.
● Passion: Most people working for a startup want to be part of something so special and grow something big. Bonds of passion are formed, but a large brand is already big.
● Breadth: Startups are usually low on staff members; therefore, a young person working in a startup will get many experiences because he would work in several departments.
The cons of a startup include:
● Risk: Most startups don't eventually have a breakthrough. Some reasons are out of one's control and influence.
● Work/Life balance: To startup, one has to be obsessed. This will surely consume time and other aspects of life such as family, friends, entertainment, etc.
A startup company is a company that is started by an entrepreneur for the purpose of developing an economic model, as well as validating it. When it comes to working for a startup company, there pros and cons of working with one.
One of the positives is that it provides a unique and extensive learning experience. When working with a startup, you have multiple job titles and will earn many things. Another positive is that you may be able to work from home and have flexible hours. Cons include not earning as much as you would with a big brand company.
When you are looking for a job, there are different types of companies that you can work for. You could work for a start-up company or an established company that is a big brand. There are several pros and cons with working for either type of company. Working for a start-up company will allow for more growth within the business.
You should be able to be promoted more easily and you can grow with the company. With a big brand company, it may be more difficult to advance because there would be more people wanting that job. In a start-up company, they may not be able to pay as much at first. A big brand could pay more money for a similar job.